WHITE COLLAR CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
Criminal Defense Attorneys specializing
in the defense of
chiropractic fraud, physician fraud, business crimes,
real estate fraud, financial fraud
and other crimes “white collar” crimes
White Collar Crime is a specialized area of defense because it requires aggressive courtroom skills as well as a solid business background.
Technology is key to a white collar defense. The details and the defenses are often hidden among thousands of pages of documents.
Team Approach is the key to a white collar defense. Each case requires a custom team of top professionals added to the core trial team.
What A Criminal Defense Lawyer Does
- Research the facts
- Negotiate deals with the prosecution
- Find errors in the investigation and indictment of clients
- Get the charges dismissed
Agencies That Enforce Acts
The Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution authorizes the federal government to investigate and regulate white-collar crime through federal agencies and task forces. Indeed, most white-collar crimes are brought to book from cross-jurisdictional cooperation of state and federal agencies. The significant agencies include:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- The U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- The Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force