Criminal Defense Attorneys specializing
in the defense of
chiropractic fraud, physician fraud, business crimes,
real estate fraud, financial fraud
and other crimes “white collar” crimes
White Collar Crime is a specialized area of defense because it requires aggressive courtroom skills as well as a solid business background.
Technology is key to a white collar defense. The details and the defenses are often hidden among thousands of pages of documents.
Team Approach is the key to a white collar defense. Each case requires a custom team of top professionals added to the core trial team.
What A Criminal Defense Lawyer Does
- Research the facts
- Negotiate deals with the prosecution
- Find errors in the investigation and indictment of clients
- Get the charges dismissed
Agencies That Enforce Acts
The Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution authorizes the federal government to investigate and regulate white-collar crime through federal agencies and task forces. Indeed, most white-collar crimes are brought to book from cross-jurisdictional cooperation of state and federal agencies. The significant agencies include:
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ)
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- The U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- The Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force